Thursday, November 6, 2008

OFF "TARGET"


Before shopping at Target, it is important to know what their return policy is. This past week I went to return/exchange an item that I received at a fund raising auction. I had no receipt, but the shipping label indicated that the item had been purchased at Target. The item was scanned and carried a value of $80. I was told that, without a receipt, nothing could be done, because Target no longer accepts items for return or exchange without a receipt if they have a value over $35. Even with receipts, customers are only allowed to return 2 items per year.

I called the Customer Service Center and asked if they could explain why such a policy was in place. No answer was offered, simply a scripted answer repeated over and over again.

Please be aware of this policy as you do your shopping.

3 comments:

Harry and Flora said...

i really like target too, but i will plan to use them only as a last resort from now on.

JO said...

I dealt with the same thing after our wedding. It is also one of the reasons that I didn't register there for the shower. The only problem is that it is pretty much the only place to get baby stuff in this area. Very frustrating!!

Harry and Flora said...

there's baby stuff at fred meyer and shopko!